The Oxford Dictionary definition of fragmented is broken into small pieces or parts, in a way that may have a negative effect.
A day in the life of a typical employee
Here’s a list of communication and collaboration touch points an employee may have in the course of a day.
- Instant messages waiting when you get into the office.
- Mobile call from a colleague looking for information.
- Emails waiting to be dealt with, some marked important and some with huge attachments.
- Phone calls and messages left on the desk phone.
- Some emails have the same attachments so confusion over latest version, not to mention the 20 reply all’s on the thread.
- New instant messages piling up.
- Printed documents handed out in meetings.
- An ad-hoc conference call started.
- Messages left on the desk phone.
- Video conference call scheduled with clients.
- More instant messages appearing.
Did you know the average knowledge worker spends up to 2.5 hours a day searching for information?
The average worker spends 13 hours a week on emails alone, which means 28% of the workweek is taken up by email.
86% of corporate executives, employees and educators say that ineffective communications is a big reason for failures in the workplace.
The unified digital workplace?
Rather than keeping dozens of tabs open (we’ve all been there) all of this can be done from a single platform. Unified digital workplaces keep your work in context so that you can have conversations, video calls and collaborate all from the same app. You want an open environment steering away from people working in silos. You need a single place to connect, where you can actually work together and get things done. It’s the easiest way to share information and keep everyone on the same page and working towards the same goal.
How Sei Mani can help you
Sei Mani knows that leaving change to chance never works.
Check out our blog,
Not sure how this would work for you? Or you’d like a sneak peek and demo of Cisco Webex Teams or Microsoft Teams get in contact with us today.